Portfolio post

I've just finished a quick side project of mine and I decided to write this sort of 'portfolio post' to showcase some of my other work aside from WANA.

2 Player 3D Tic Tac Toe is the quick project in question. I tried playing 3D Tic Tac Toe on paper one evening with my sister and my cousin and not suprisingly it was rather confusing. I looked at some online versions but I couldn't find any that have easy enough control schemes so I thought this would be a great little side project. Plus I got to brush up on my Unity3D skills and it is one more thing for my portfolio.

Boxland is another little game I have up on Kongregate. It is an unfinished puzzle game, there are only a few levels. It was my very first Unity project and my first 3D game which was exciting for me at the time. You can probably notice that I have reused a few elements from it in my Tic Tac Toe game - I really wanted it to be a quick side project.

Textris is an XNA game I made as an assignment for my Computer Games Programming course last year. It was going to be plain Tetris but I had a week left until my submission deadline so I added a twist - aside from playing Tetris you also have watch out for words appearing on the screen which you have to type. Depending on whether you do that on time you will get a bonus or a penalty. The inspiration for this came from watching a friend play a typing game.

The following two projects are prototypes I haven't released before but are directly related to "We Are Not Alone" so I will share them here. Last year I was exploring the project of making WANA and at first it was going to be a full blown 3D game (I later realised I was way in over my head for the time). So I started with making a model of our solar system. I later expanded that into a galaxy generator similar to what I have in place in WANA now but in 3D (that one is runing only a thousand solar systems compared to the 10k of the 2D one). It was a great learning experience, I learnt a lot about how Unity works, stuff like textures, normal maps and shaders and 3D games in general.
The controls for both the prototypes are as follows: Move the mouse while holding the right button to change the camera view, use the mouse wheel too zoom in and out, clik on a star/planet to center the camera on it, double click on a star/planet to quickly zoom in on it.

Click it is a game I made for a 72 hour Game Maker game jam a few years ago. The theme was Insanity and though the game is rather short I think it is original and fits the theme nicely.

Keep Killing is quite old but I am fond of it so I thought I'd share it here. It is a top down shooter and it is also made with Game Maker. Unfortunately the online highscores no longer work but it still can be fun to play. It was inspired by the great game Crimsonland.

That's it from me for now, I hope you have fun with some of these games!


Posted by FiLkAtA | at 10:14 PM

0 comments:

Post a Comment